Sixth District: All of Bamberg, Clarendon, Florence, Marion and Williamsburg. Parts of Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Darlington, Dorchester, Lee, Orangeburg, Richland and Sumter.
Appointed to Federal Communications Commission August 2009.
- South Carolina Executive Institute - 2000
- University of South Carolina: B.S. Banking, Finance and Economics - 1984
- W. J. Keenan High School - 1980
- Public Service Commission Chair, July 2002 - June 2004
- Elected to the Public Service Commission of South Carolina, July 1, 1998.
- Publisher, general manager, newspaper editor of The Coastal Times in Charleston, SC. - 1984-1998
- South Carolina Association of Black Journalists
- Black Women Entrepreneurs - Past President
- Charleston County Democratic Women - Past President
- Utilities Market Access Partnership Board
- The SC State Energy Advisory Council
- Southeastern Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (SEARUC) - Past Chair
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC)
- Present Chair of NARUC’s Washington Action Committee, Audit Committee member
- The Palmetto Project Board, secretary/treasurer
- Trident Technical College Foundation
- South Carolina Cancer Center Board
- Columbia College Board of Visitors
- The YWCA of Greater Charleston - Past Chair
- Reid House of Christian Service
- Edventure Children’s Museum
- Trident Urban League
- Trident United Way
- Life Member of the NAACP
- The Links, Inc.
- SC Advisory Council of the US Commission on Civil Rights
- SC Education Oversight Committee’s Common Ground School Improvement Committee
Awards & Honors:
- 2006 James C. Bonbright Honoree, (Southeastern Energy Conference, Terry School of Business, University of Georgia).
- 2007 Lincoln C. Jenkins Award for business and community contributions, Columbia (SC) Urban League.